Library privileges are extended to Dominican Friars, staff and students of the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception, and faculty and students of the Washington Theological and HELIN consortia.
Others interested in using the Library may apply in writing for access on one of the following bases:
Visiting Scholars will be admitted as a courtesy for specific, short-term research.
Patron Membership may be granted to clergy, religious, and academics, who may borrow up to five items at a time. There is a fee of $50 per semester.
Guest Membership may be granted to others who wish to use the Library without borrowing privileges. There is a fee of $25 per semester. Guests may not use the Library during PFIC exam and reading periods.
The number of Patron and Guest memberships is limited. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, and admittance is not guaranteed. Please address correspondence to the Librarian, Dominican Theological Library, 487 Michigan Ave, NE, Washington, DC 20017, or email the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fines and Fees
There is a fee of 25¢ per day for overdue books.
Books overdue for more than 30 days may be declared lost.
Patrons are responsible for the cost of replacing lost or damaged books, as determined by the library, plus a processing fee of $25.00 per item.
The fee for copies and scans is 10¢ per black-and-white page, and 15¢ per color page.
All copying is subject to copyright laws. For further information on the PFIC’s copyright policy, please follow this link.
Rules and Regulations
- No food, drink, or cell phones in the library.
- When you exit the library, please take all your things with you.
- Do not re-shelve books yourself.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Follow the PFIC dress code:
- Faculty, staff, and students are expected to dress in a manner appropriate to the religious and professional character of the Dominican House of Studies environment. Shorts, t-shirts, tank-tops, faded or torn jeans, and other such casual wear is not permitted, at minimum, when school is in session.
- Adhere to the Library’s copyright policy when making photocopies or scans.