2014 Dominican Spring Gala
You are cordially invited to the 4th Annual Dominican Spring Gala at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 26, 2014, at the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, D.C. This evening of fellowship and festivity benefits the Pontifical Faculty of Theology. Come and meet the future leaders of the Church: Dominicans, professed religious, and laity who are assisted by your generous support.
- light appetizers & dessert bar, prepared by students of the PFIC
- tours of the chapel & academic center
- silent & live auctions
- musical entertainment by the Dominican student brothers
- sung Compline (night prayer)
Tickets Online and telephone ticketing can no longer be accepted. Tickets are available at the door, $150 for adults, $75 for students.
Live and Silent Auction Items
- authentic Swiss Fondue Party for 10, prepared by PFIC President Very Rev. John A. Langlois, O.P., who studied theology and fondue in Switzerland!
- private concert of bluegrass music in your home, played by Fr. Thomas Joseph White, O.P. & Bro. Peter Gautsch, O.P.
- guided tour for 5 of the bell tower & organ loft of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, with demonstrations of the gallery organ and the carillon
- dinner at the D.C. community of the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia
- a week at a Key West condo that sleeps 6, located across the street from the beach
- private tour for 10 of the National Gallery of Art’s collection of religious Renaissance art by Magnificat art essay contributor Dr. Jem Sullivan
- 3-hour cooking class for 10 - choose from basic cooking techniques such as roasting & braising, sautes & sauces, Asian “Fast Food”, soups, or side dishes
- woodburning from a Dominican Missal, created especially for this occasion
- prints & artwork, including a large handmade image of the Virgen de la Soledad, in the Oaxacan barro negro style, and signed & numbered prints of Carl Brenders, Brian Jarvi, and Linda Sacco/Richard Ehrlich
- tickets for the Washington Nationals, and University of Maryland (Big Ten) football
- gift certificates for local businesses and restaurants, such as the Phoenix Park Hotel, Art & Soul, and Al Tiramisu
- wine & gift baskets
- …check back for more items!