Dominican Spring Gala
Tickets are now available for the Seventh Annual Dominican Spring Gala, which will be held at 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 22, 2017, in the cloister of the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, D.C. This evening of fellowship and festivity benefits the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception. The evening includes food, entertainment, silent & live auctions, and sung compline (evening prayer).
Auction items incluce:
- A progressive dinner for eight hosted by PFIC President Fr. John Langlois, O.P., and the community of the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia.
- A Manhattan Dominican-themed weekend for four with Fr. Langlois
- Lunch for two at the Cosmos Club with EWTN’s Raymond Arroyo
- A matted photograph by Fr. Lawrence Lew, O.P. - vote for your favorite!
- A fondue dinner for six, prepared by Fr. Dominic Legge, O.P.
- A private bluegrass concert by Thomistic Institute director Fr. Thomas Joseph White, O.P., with Br. Jonah Teller, O.P., and Br. Simon Teller, O.P.
- A custom-made icon of Our Lady, commissioned for this event
- A tower climb for five at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immacuate Conception
- A personal tour for 10-15 of the National Gallery of Art’s Renaissance holdings with Dr. Jem Sullivan
- A 12-day cruise for two to anywhere served by Holland America
- Books and DVDs signed by Bishop Robert Barron
- A signed and numbered print of “A Life Study of Pope Benedict XVI” by Igor Babailov
- A day cruise on the James and Chickahominy rivers in Williamsburg
Tickets are $125 in advance, $150 day of event. Students $50 in advance, $75 day of event. Note that if you register for our Rare Books Golf Tournament which takes place on Tuesday, April 18 at Reston National Golf Course, you will receive two complimentary tickets to the Gala!
If paying by mail, make check out to Pontifical Faculty. Please include “Gala Tickets,” “Gala Sponsorship,” or “Gala Donation” in the memo line of the check. Mail to: 2017 Dominican Spring Gala, Dominican House of Studies, 487 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017-1518.
Limited parking is available at the Dominican House of Studies; arrive early for best chance of parking on site. Additional parking is available for a fee at Monroe Street Market, next door to us; parking entrance is one block away on 7th Street, just south of Monroe Street.